Sunday, November 2, 2014

An Honest Review on Plastic Surgery in Korea

It honestly comes down to one thing, do you believe you’re pretty? In today’s society we base everything on looks. Throw out judging a book by its cover. If your cover is ugly no one wants to even pick up the book. It’s the cruel truth of the world today. If America is home of obesity, Korea is the home of plastic surgery. I think society is the biggest blame to our problems. When women are made fun of for not looking a certain image, they slowly begin to feel that they NEED plastic surgery to look beautiful when they have the power in themselves already.

I used to think I was ugly and fat, when I never really was. I’m not too sure when I first changed, but I knew I couldn’t have that mindset anymore. Now I tell myself I’m pretty and cute. Sure I’m not as pretty as others, but I feel pretty. That confidence in myself makes me feel better about myself. I think that’s what the world is lacking today, a sense of self. We've become so enraptured with what others think of us that we forget we are the only thought that matters.

I don’t believe the rate of plastic surgery will decrease. I’m not saying no one should ever get plastic surgery. Personally, I’m deathly afraid of needles so I would never go under the knife, but for other women feel more confident after surgery. I think it’s awesome when idols admit yes they got plastic surgery. No one is perfect, not even idols. Why lie? Real fans are the people who stand beside you for who you are not what you look like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment